Click here to register for Academy soccer.
The Academy program is also an option available for U9 & U10 levels only. It is sometimes also referred to as Recreational Plus, and features a higher level of training and development compared to a recreational league. It is an excellent bridge between recreational play and select, travel teams. It involves skill instruction by professional, licensed coaches during the practice week, festival style game format with teams from surrounding areas, finishing with a final tournament.
- BYSO offers free conditioning training over the summer and winter breaks.
- BYSO offers two free five week skills training sessions (fall & spring) in addition to regular training sessions for all Academy & Select players.
- BYSO has a highly qualified coaching staff having more than 50 years of competitive soccer experience.
- BYSO is about half the cost of most soccer clubs in the surrounding area.
- BYSO sponsors several soccer camps and tournaments throughout the year (including 3v3).
- BYSO is affiliated with Austin Aztex professional soccer club and has a professional player assigned to BYSO.
A couple things to note about Academy Soccer:
- Games are played on Saturday and some Sundays (we try to only book Sunday afternoons, and only when necessary).
- Rainout games must be rescheduled.
- It is an annual commitment (Fall & Spring). The beginning of the season is Fall, and is when annual payments are due (payment plans available). Although you must re-register in the Spring with our new online registration program, you do not pay anything additional on this 2nd season registration (unless you are a new player signing up). It is just to get the players and team on that season's books.
Boys Academy Coach Girls Academy Coach
James Ramon Stacey Schmidt
Price: $535* per year, plus $50 uniform fee.
Payment plans are available at time of sign-up.
(Minimum of $50 sign-up plus $50 uniform fee due by June 15th to register)
*Practice uniforms and tournament fees are additional costs.
Coach's Code of Ethics
Coaches must also follow all of the rules as outlined in the Parents Code of Ethics.
I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of any personal or parental desire to win.
I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development
within the same age group.
I will do my best to provide a safe environment for my players during practice or games by checking player
equipment, field equipment, keeping the playing area in excellent condition and insuring the area is free of
any alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players; making sure that all
my players are fit for practice and competition; educating them on the technical, tactical, physical and
psychological demands of the game for their level within the appropriate number of training sessions
(not to exceed two) per week.
I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for the age level with which I am teaching while working
in the spirit of cooperation with the officials, administrators, other coaches and spectators to provide the
maximum opportunity for development, sportsmanship, and appreciation for the game.
I will supervise and control our practice and playing environment so as to avoid injury utilizing and teaching
proper safety techniques and methods of play within the rules and policies set forth by the local, state and
national organizations of soccer.
I will be sensitive to the player’s needs, allow players to experience all positions, recognize the need to have
fun and receive positive feedback, teach in the spirit of enjoyment and learning; and strive to help each player
reach their full potential and assist them to be prepared for the next stage of development.
I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the game, encourage moral and social responsibility, and teach this
to my players and their parents with my own behavior and positive guidance.
I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play, sportsmanship, maintaining integrity within our sport and
being a good role model.
I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, keeping the games in perspective, and that the game is for
the children not the adults. I will remember that we are here to help the children have fun and learn. I will
help the parents and other spectators remember this as well.
I will agree to continue my coaching education by attending coaches meetings, clinics, classes, etc. throughout
the season and the year.
Coach's Signature_________________________________________ Date_____/_____/_____